Run faster, hit harder and jump higher, all with better form, to reduce the risk of injury.
Pilates Training for athletes has been a growing phenomenon over the last 70 years.
Pilates is one of the best forms of conditioning a serious athlete can participate in. In conjunction with our Sports Chiropractor, Dr. Wilson Park, we have developed unique exercises for athlete’s individual needs.
Potential Improvements from Pilates Workouts Include:
- Core muscle development
- Improve runners’ speed and endurance
- Enhance hand-eye coordination for agility sports
- Increase balance for dancers and martial artists
- Pain relief and decreased recovery time from injuries to the back, shoulder and neck area
- Reduce muscle imbalance (underdeveloped inner thigh muscles and overdeveloped outer thigh muscle)
- Pilates emphasizes breathing and helps to integrate the trunk, pelvis and shoulder girdle.
Using correct spinal and pelvic alignment, combined with smooth flowing movement, an athlete can access each part of the body individually thus becoming familiar with the functional mechanics.