We don’t all have the ability to exercises at our desks, but Pilates can be done ANY WHERE! Here’s a quick exercise to strengthen your upper back to help with your posture throughout the day.
Upper Back Extension
- Sit up tall, lengthen your lower back
- Engage your abs & lift your chest
- Press your hands on your desk
- Peel your shoulders open
- Squeeze your shoulder blades together and down
- Inhale, lift your chest
- Breathe & hold for 15 seconds
If you feel your mid to upper back engage, you’re doing it right!
Complete 3 reps of 15 seconds each, be grateful for Pilates AND proud of yourself for using your time wisely!