We don’t all have the ability to exercise at work, but Pilates can be done ANY WHERE! There have been various studies that show long term negative postural effects – especially in the neck and shoulders – from the way we hold ourselves throughout the day (standing, at a computer, on our phones, driving).
For this month’s “How to Workout at Work,” take a few moments every couple of hours to get your blood flowing, stretch your arms, and strengthen your upper back and shoulders to help counter-act those effects on your posture!
- Sit up tall.
- Lengthen your low back.
- Extend your arms straight out to your sides like wings of an airplane.
- Start with palms facing down.
- Rotate arms from inside the shoulder socket, palms face up.
- Chest up.
- Bottom tips of shoulder blades draw forward toward your heart.
- Lift your chest from the strength in your upper back.
- Gaze straight ahead and breathe.
- Hold for 30 seconds, repeat 3 times.
Did that remind you how much you need to get back into exercising more?! Book a session today!